LAUNCH CRP129E is update version of launch crp129, based on crp129, add more car brands and reset function, simple the process of software update. Using the latest software and hardware technologies, with the Reset functionality (throttle, oil , SAS, etc.), this scan tool does everything a person could want it for. In fact, for most of the work done in a repair shop, LAUNCH CRP129E covers all of it without the heavy cost of an OEM product.
1. 4 System Diagnnostic
1) For Engine System: The diagnostic tool can help detect the engine ignition, fuel injection, air and fuel ratio, and exhaust emission conditions in Engine system to enhance vehicle performance, save energy and reduce exhaust emission.
2) For Transmission: It makes great sense in the safe driving when your car is slipping or difficult to shift. This diagnostic scanner can figure the problems out via reading codes in the Transmission system, or check the health status via live data viewing.
3) For ABS System: Diagnosing an ABS problem should always start with a visual inspection of all brake components, next you will need to retrieve ABS codes to tell you where the problem is, and this is what this scanner does for you.
4) For SRS System: SRS, safety restraint system, is made up of impact sensors, a control module, and the airbags themselves, and this diagnostic device can detect every electronic parameter to check its health status.
2. 5 Special Function:
1) Oil Service Light Reset: allows you to perform reset maintenance mileage and data intervals for a new calculation of Engine Oil Life system once changed the oil.
2) EPB Electronic Park Brake Reset: it is important in the maintenance of electronic braking systemrsquos safety and efficiency when replace brake pad or motor
3) SAS Steering Angel Sensor Reset: helps clear the fault steering angle sensor memories and plays an important role in the steering angle sensor calibration
4) Electronic Throttle Position Reset: vehicle’s throttle position system sensor connected to the butterfly spindle and is primarily used to monitor the throttle position within an inner combustion engine. Due to its location, the throttle position sensor is able to effectively observe where the throttle butterfly valve is positioned.
5) Tire Pressture System Reset: service makes sense in displaying sensor IDs from the vehicle’s ECU, inputting TPMS sensor replacement IDs and testing sensors.
Note: These special function NOT for all car models, if you are confused, Please send your car brand, model and release year to me, I will check for you.
3. Full OBD2 Functions
This scanner supports all 10 test modes for OBD-II cars which are great for daily repair work. The table below describes the purpose of each mode of operation:
01 – Request Current Powertrain Diagnostic Data
02 – Request Powertrain Freeze Frame Data
03 – Request Emission-Related Diagnostic Trouble Codes
04 – Clear/Reset Emission-Related Diagnostic Information
05 – Request Oxygen Sensor Monitoring Test Results
06 – Request On-Board Monitoring Test Results for Specific Monitored Systems
07 – Request Emission-Related Diagnostic Trouble Codes Detected During Current or Last Completed Driving Cycle
08 – Request Control of On-Board System Test or Component
09 – Request Vehicle Information
0A – Request Emission-Related Diagnostic Trouble Codes with Permanent Status
4. Other Functions:
1) Diagnostic Feedback: If you found the software can not read your vehicle or met problem when diagnostic, you can submit it by entering feedback, then inform us to tell your serial number, LAUNCH professional experts will provide perfect solutions for you immediately.
2) Battery Voltage Test: As the upgrade version of launch crp129, launch crp129e add Real-Time Battery Monitoring, it show battery voltage in graph, and it only support 12v vehicle
3) Fast AUTO VIN Scan: Launch crp129e obd2 scanner can auto read VIN number and vehicle information when you plug scanner in car, save your time. And you also can check vehicle info in obd2 test.
LAUNCH CRP129E Reviews:
Owning a few scanners as well as tuning software I was skeptical if this scanner could read and clear some of the modules it claims. Unfortunately for me my HPtuners software and dongle cannot read SRS codes so I decided to give this a shot. Overall I am happy, the unit is easy to use and the touch screen is a plus for me. I opted for this over the cheaper version for the ease of updating and its worth the added cost. I was surprised at the units overall size but it feels nice to hold and doesn’t feel as cheap as I thought it would. Time will tell how it holds up but I feel confident that if it is handles with care and stored appropriately its longevity and usefulness will last a long time.
I have been actively using the CPR123/129 series (original) for a while now and have really enjoyed the depth of information and intuitive interface on those units. I just purchased the CRP129E and the difference in power/ability is night and day. I love the fact that the first thing it does, after detecting the vehicle, is to pull the “diagnostic report” and report out all of the codes from all supported systems. It, then, allows you to “deep dive” into the various PID’s that those codes were derived from, right from the “report” screen. The new, larger, screen is easier to read (better contrast, clearer, brighter) and the battery life on the unit is exceptional.
This is my first LAUNCH Diagnostic tool. It’s a great tool, user friendly and relatively fast. Really easy to use, links to web sites via Google search when searching for more information on DTCs. The auto health report generated at the end of scans can be shared via mail. It is indeed lovely how the report replicates the exact report seen on scan tool display even with active drop downs. Great value for money.